July 6, 2010

Dionysus by Adam Gottschalk of Lord Jester's Inc.

Dionysus: The god of fertility and wine; a patron of the arts. He invented wine and spread the art of tending grapes. With a dual nature bringing joy and divine ecstasy and brutal, unthinking, rage... reflecting both sides of wines nature.


My first impressions: sweet, warm, sultry, primal, cognac, cigar, masculine, ripe Tuscan melon, sultry, exotic, gardenia and mocha, sweat, masculine, sexy...


Adam wrote about his scent in his blog: "...I know how and why it works, but the details of how it works is a conundrum. It works and that’s all I need to know. It’s got a distinct funkiness to it, and that’s just right. "


I couldn't have said it better, Adam.  It really does have a distinct funkiness that really works. It is so unique that at first I didn't  know what to make of it, but then I took a second sniff, and then a third... I was just so taken by it, but I couldn't put my finger on just exactly why.  It is true to the nature of the god it was named after... divine funkiness!


Adam considers this a unisex fragrance and I would have to agree.  It's qualities are such that it would combine with a person's own body chemistry and you might not realize it was a fragrance they were wearing... it smells like wonderful smelling skin on a person who had a few glasses of fine wine.  Does that paint the picture?  I hope so.
Nice work, Adam.  This is a perfect example of the reason I love natural perfumes.  They have the ability to smell so primal and yummy at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment